Friday, February 17, 2017

RepurposedEm - Oh the Fun I'm Having...

RepurposedEm #6

Happy Friday! It's the end of another week post-op!

I don't know if I told you last week, but I am having a lot of pain on my right side. The moment I went to the doctor's office, they handed me a piece of paper, and the first line says, "your right side will be tender and painful, this is normal for sleeve patients". Thanks - I thought I was dying! lol

I went to see the Nutritionist on Monday and I can eat soft foods. Let's give it up for eggs, cottage cheese, refried beans, ricotta bake, pureed soups, etc. I mean - It's a whole new world *insert eye roll* LOL! I seriously am enjoying actually eating some calories. <3  At this point, I am eating 1 egg at a time, almost half a cup of refried beans - you can put a little shredded cheese on them; greek yogurt, and I made a Ricotta Bake from The Happy Sleeve. I can almost eat half a cup of it too. LOL

The big news is that I am down 40 lbs. I can fit back into some of my clothes - YAY! That feels good.


And I have a jawline... Wooo to the hooo...


Another thing that happened is my blood pressure meds were cut in half. But I can tell you that I have been on the same one and was thinner, so I am a skeptic on this one. But my BP was 90/64 and I wasn't feeling great. I think the cool thing is for people who are on Cholesterol, Blood Pressure or even Type 2 Diabetes Meds, being able to lose weight and eating healthy REALLY helps you reduce or even come all the way off meds. And who doesn't love that?

Did I tell you about the Parachute Panties? You see... a suggestion as made to get a waste sincher or a girdle. And so I thought - I'd get some panties with lots of control, the tummy panel thing...  Well - we get them in the mail - Thank you Amazon Prime - and they are huge. My husband says to use them while I need them and then immediately toss them. The whole time we are cracking up! I say, "we can use them as a parachute!" laugher erupts. We're silly like that. Anyway - I think they would work if they were higher on my body, but they land right in the suture area.  And that does not feel great. But they do hold you in. Hmmmm. I may wear them here and there.

Let me share a funny story with you. In our house, we love snacks. This is why we don't buy them. But on Super Bowl Sunday, I made sure my guys had wings and snacks. You know? It's the Super Bowl. My son gave me a few Doritos and let me lick the cheese off. How sweet is that? HAHA And you know what - I did it. Sat there just barely a week out of surgery, licking the cheese off Doritos. Sigh. It makes me laugh.

What has been hard?  

  1. Not drinking for 30 minutes before and after meals. WOW - that is way harder than you think. I mean, at a restaurant you drink to help your food go down. Bariatric patients can't do that or the food will go right through ya.
  2. Conflicting information on my Nutritionists paper. For instance, in the OK to Eat Column is mashed veggies. But in the avoid Column is Veggies.  - I had another Nutritionist look at it. CONFUSING! 
  3. Not being able to do everything I want. If I do too much during the day, I get the right-side pain. So I try not to.
  4. Constipation. It's hard to drink all the water you need to drink. Plus, your body is in shock after surgery. I did not have a bowel movement for two weeks. No bueno. And now, I might have a tear... I'll spare you further details. But my advice is to make sure you speak up for yourself. I asked at my doc at 1-Week and the PA said it was normal. I should have taken something like Mirulax or Milk of Magnesia long before I did. 
  5. Being tired. 
Other than that I am having a pretty easy time of it.

What has been good? 
  1. Weight Loss.
  2. Learning to listen to my body more.
  3. Realizing I really do have a great support system.
  4. So far, I am tolerating all the foods well that I am introducing. AND I have been able to cook for my family without having a huge problem.  
  5. Learning so much with Patricia Hill's Nutrition Class. Ya'll really need to look her up (even if you never have the surgery).
  6. Realizing how much more my husband and son love me than I thought possible. They have taken such good care of me.
I would be remiss if I didn't tell you how much God is blessing me these days. Yes, I know He always has. But I can feel His will being done. <3 Amen!

I hope you have a fantastic week. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Love, Hugs & blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em