Thursday, December 1, 2016

Small Success Thursday - Advent is Coming Together

Happy First Thursday in Advent.
Happy Feast Day of Blessed Charles de Foucauld. Check out his story.
AND

Happy Small Success Thursday! I usually link up with Sherry and the ladies +CatholicMom.com for this post, but there is not one up for today. However... I am doing it anyway. <3 I'm a rebel. haha


Tonight I am having a sleep study. I'm not sure how they will study something that never happens. Honestly, the way my brain works, um - sleeping in a random bed, all wired up... doesn't sound very restful. HA! Pray for me.

I really try to blog on Thursdays regardless because I just love Small Success Thursday. It's intended to remind us mamas to look for small things that are successes instead of getting bogged down with the big picture.  And ya'll, my big picture right now is a little overwhelming, so I will take it day-by-day.

Small Successes...

Made it through.... It was our first Thanksgiving without my daddy. That was hard, but we did well. We kept it small - literally just us three. We slept in a little and had a leisurely day. We really are so blessed. We also had dinner at our friends N&J's house. Her parents were visiting, and her mama is from Italy (where my husband lived)... and she cooked us an authentic Italian dish... I made a cheesecake and other treats. It was awesome.

Kicked off Advent... We had been saving our pennies and went to the Movie Tavern for a movie & lunch after Mass. We still have not gotten everything out to decorate. We are going to work on it tonight. AND we have not done the daily family readings like we want. BUT - we did find our Advent Candle and will catch up with the Jesse Tree and a few other things tonight. Just being honest. We are kinda depressed around here... but working on it. Sigh. It is what it is.  This is the week of HOPE! I think that will be my word for 2017 - HOPE! Hold onto it.

Eating Healthier/Losing Weight... Since I have been cutting back on portions and cutting things out of my diet, I have lost seven pounds. My husband who is not even trying has lost ten. HA Isn't that always the way. BUT - he just found out he is pre-diabetic.... so we will be working harder.  As an aside, if you are looking for a sugar substitute that is natural, please check out the recipe at Joy Filled Eats - Sweetener. I had this in my coffee at her home. Ya'll... no bitter aftertaste. Just saying.  Oh - and if you have given up Caffeine, please share how you did it. I have to give it up for a while... I can have decaf. AACK But I will.

Making a Difference... I love volunteering at our Parish. It's infusing new life into me. As a mom and wife, we don't always feel thanked. I don't need anyone to gush, but you know - it's nice to be thanked. <3  The ladies are awesome, and I love it.  So thankful for my Faith.

Oh - and if you are not already, consider playing along with  +Allison Gingras and the crew for #SnapAdvent. Check out the picture below. I am @Mrsedavis99 on Instagram. Look me up!


Have a great rest of your day. Don't forget to look for the small successes! Some days, it could be that you washed your face and brushed your teeth and everyone lived through the day, relatively well-fed and clean! lol  Whatever it is, thank God for it. We are all so blessed.

Hugs & Blessings,

Em



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em