Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Try a New Recipe Tuesday ~ Spicy Sweet Potato and Chicken Stew

Happy Tuesday!
Happy Feast Day of Saint Albert the Great. Look him up, he's cool. Saint Albert - Pray for us!

We love new recipes. And in the world of lowering carbs and such, I thought this recipe sounded interesting.  Spicy Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew.

Taken from All Recipes. All Rights reserved.
This was a spur of the moment choice. I wanted to make soup, but money is tight (sigh - always), so I thought, I'm going to use what I have. I'm famous for needing two things and spending $200 at the grocery store, you know "it was on sale!" SOOOO I avoid it when things are tight. And so - I googled chicken and sweet potatoes.  This quote by the person who posted the recipe was enticing:
"With flavors reminiscent of Morocco and Mexico, this easy yet richly-flavored stew contains loads of chicken, vegetables and some surprising spices. If desired, pass lime wedges to squeeze over individual servings." ~ RC Kim
The whole day, my husband kept saying "I don't know if I will eat it because I only like sweet potatoes one way!" Of course, being the supportive wife I am, I said, "you're eating it because if you don't, the child won't AND it's what's for dinner!" HA! You're welcome!

Anywhoooo ~ I did not have the frozen corn, but I had a can of corn. I also had a bag of mixed frozen veggies (cauliflower and broccoli) that I used. Shockingly I was out of cocoa too...which really is shocking, but between birthdays and bake sales, I was tapped out! I used chocolate syrup - just a dash. My point? It's a forgiving recipe. So, use what you have and spice it to your liking. SO GOOD! I will add a little more water next time. Mine was kinda thick!

Oh - and I did not cook mine on the stove, I tossed it all in a crock pot. I did make it a little spicier than the recipe calls for too.  And guess what, they ate it and loved it. Christopher had some for lunch the next day and a couple days later.

Here is our dinner that night.



What new recipes have you tried lately? 
Hope all is well out there in the blogosphere.

Love, Hugs & Blessings,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em