Thursday, April 7, 2016

Small Success Thursday... Lessons Of Spring Colds and Garage Sales

Happy Thursday Ladies.

Before I start my Small Success blog post, I wanted to share something with you. I have a problem with my ego/pride. There, I said it. Every time I THINK I have it under control, something comes up and I realize I don't.

Two things happened today. 1) there used to be a person I considered Framily. One day, she simply walked away from our relationship. No word. No nothing. In the end, I realized I was no use to her any more. She did the same to others... I took consolation in the fact that it wasn't just me. BUT - she is everywhere now on the Catholic Blog scene and it is hard for me to be happy with her success... because I feel though this person is truly talented, that she is fake and harmful and ...  2) I saw this quote this morning "If we try to see everyone and everything through God’s eyes with humility, we will begin to accept an attitude of humility in our hearts and we will begin to be humble.
-from Sacred Silence " in an email from Franciscan Media.  

Sigh. Isn't that the way? I really don't know this person in real life. And so, I am honestly shocked at how angry I still am at her, and why I can't be happy for her. I don't know if she's changed. I don't know if she's gotten her act together.  And anyway, who am I to judge.  I hate when this sort of things happen, don't you. The humanity of yourself jumps out and smacks you across the face... and says, "hey lady, how about YOU get over yourself!" Sigh.

I need to work on forgiveness and ego... and let it go. I have a personality that holds onto hurts. And it can be exhausting - for me. How stupid is that? lol  Anyway -- I thought I'd share it because someone else might want to hear it.  You are not alone sisters. Pray for me, as I pray for you.  And pray for the above person too... pray she has changed and is worth all the attention she is getting and that she is not still self-promoting at the expense of others. Thanks sweet friends.

Here are several Bible Verses:
  • Philippians 2:3 - Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
  • James 3:14-15 - But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.
  • Psalm 37:1-3 - Fret not yourself because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers! For they will soon fade like the grass and wither like the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
  • James 3:16 - For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.
  • Proverbs 14:30 - A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.


Small Success Thursday at Catholicmom.com is one of my favorite days of the week.  I can not believe it's been three weeks since I've posted in it. What's wrong with me!

Actually, Holy Week was really a blur - in a good way. Probably the biggest success comes in Holy Week - Tuesday, we went to the Chrism Mass. Wednesday we went to Confession, Mass & Adoration. YES! SUCCESS! Thursday, Christopher served at Mass for the first time and it was awesome! Friday was the most spectacular service I think I've ever seen. As a convert, since I had never seen it at our old Parish, this was the first time I'd ever seen an entire congregation venerate the cross. WOAH! So powerful. I was crying. It was beautiful.  Marque got home late Friday of Holy Week, and since Christopher served Easter Morning, we did not go to the Vigil Mass. 

Confession...The big success last week was Wednesday...  - We made it early and we went to confession, then we stayed for Mass and Adoration. Here was my status that day... "You know that time when you hadn't been to confession in two+ years AND you'd never been to adoration... AND it happened on the same day, but you didn't plan it?"

Garage Sale...The biggest success this week was that we have gone room to room and are ridding our home of things we don't need. If you knew how hard it was for my husband to toss things, you would know how HUGE of a success this is.  We are having a neighborhood garage sale, and we have six tables full of stuff... We have furniture and things as well, but Marque wants to wait to sell our home before we start getting rid of furniture. LOL  AND he took of the day and is helping me. GO US!

A Family That Cooks Together...One other thing, we tried a new fish this past Friday. called Opah. AND Christopher and I made Teriyaki Sauce from scratch... Here is the Recipe for Teriyaki Opah and here is a picture with spinach salad:


AND we made a great desert for Saturday (had friends for dinner). It's called No Bake Chocolate Eclair - and it's PERFECT for for children to help with. My friend Cathie shared it with me. It was a little sweet, but everyone went back for seconds. Children LOVED it. Do you see the graham cracker and instant pudding goodness? SO fun.



Pray for my son. It's a small miracle I got this done because he's been sick all week. Oh it's NOT the flu. It's sinus/bronchitis infections. I'm exhausted. But I can't complain. He is growing out of so many things... and doesn't get sick even 1/4 of what he used to. We are so blessed.

My biggest success today is that this post that I started early this morning, is done... and it's only 10:18pm. LOL 

And now, me and my antibiotics are going to bed. Oh I didn't tell ya'll he shared with me. Why yes, I'm so successful as a mom, he shares well with me. LOL

Please head on over to Small Success Thursday and read the success of it all!

Good night sweet friends.
Many Blessings,

Em

3 comments:

  1. Ok, first off, loving this post, bc I feel as if we're chatting over tea in my/your kitchen. Such an awesome glimpse of YOU. THANK YOU for sharing. i always leave your blog having learned something or been inspired.

    Second....WOW...your relationship w/a gal who was like family, now gone and she's all over the Catholic blogosphere?????WOW. That is SO my story. I SO SO SO know what you;re going thru bc the same exact thing happened to me. My former friend is also writing for our diocesan newspaper so "seeing" her is unavoidable. Wow.....I hear you. Hang in there, My relationship with this gal went south about 4 years ago now.

    Have a WONDERFUL weekend. The decluttering sounds fantastic...good for you. I hope Chris feels better...you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly I thought she was like family. But I got fooled. It happens sometimes. I have realized we can be friendly with people and not be friends. And that it is OK! I only need a few good friends..... because that's life, you know?!

      It would be even harder in your situation. Sigh. Praying for you. xx oo

      Delete
  2. Man I hear you on the pride thing. It's one of my constant struggles. God has made some HUGE progress with me on this, but I still find myself with my pride getting the best of me way too often. At least now I'm actually open to realizing it and correcting it when I feel that familiar conviction.
    Thanks for being so honest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em