Tuesday, February 2, 2016

New Recipe's I've Tried

Hi all,
Happy Tuesday!

Today in our Catholic Faith, we celebrate the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord, also called Candlemas!
“Christ himself says, ‘I am the light of the world.’ And we are the light, we ourselves, if we receive it from him.... But how do we receive it, how do we make it shine? ...[T]he candle tells us: by burning, and being consumed in the burning. A spark of fire, a ray of love, an inevitable immolation are celebrated over that pure, straight candle, as, pouring forth its gift of light, it exhausts itself in silent sacrifice” (Paul VI).
After 40 days, children were presented in the Temple, back in Jesus' day. Though He did not have to be presented, as He is God's child, in order for people to learn and relate more... God submitted His Son for Presentation. Likewise, Mary - ever Virgin, did not have to be cleansed, as was the custom; however, she submitted as well.

I hope and pray your day is going well. We are having a great day. We love this beautiful and sunny weather, but Christopher is allergic to Cedar and is suffering. During this time, we start school later. So he's up, done his work out, and is currently in the shower. Next up - school!

But first, we have had a lot of fun trying new recipes.
I confess that sometimes we end up tossing produce, especially when we aren't sure if we will like it. However, as January is the month of The Pantry Challenge @ Good Cheap Eats (thank you Jessica), we do not waste ANYTHING!  And so, I set out to find recipes for Butternut Squash and Spaghetti Squash... AND I even tried and liked a radish. Christopher too. GO US!

ButterNut Squash:

We made Roasted Butternut Squash soup. SO YUMMY! It was easy to make. I actually roasted the squash the night before and let it sit in the fridge in all the garlic and spiced up goodness. We did put a piece of bacon in the actual soup. This made enough for the three of us and a pint canning jar full (so one more serving).


Spaghetti Squash:

We had Chicken Parm Spaghetti Squash. It was so good and so easy to make. There are many meatless recipes out there too. Check out Pinterest and other places.


Baguette Bread:

Original Recipe HERE. I did not put ice in my oven. But you can if you want and let me know how that goes. LOL


The Try A New Recipe Post is not live yet LIVE!  So I am going to link up. Check out the other bloggers here at Try A New Recipe Tuesday So I am unsure if I will be linking up anywhere. I hope to.
I actually got the blog post done. YIP to the EEE!

Have a great day all.
BE THE LIGHT!
Always choose JOY!

Blessings,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em