Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Monday's Moments - How've You Been?

Em's DayBook
2016 - Vol. 1

Happy Feast Day to Saint Fabian of Rome! 
Pope. Martyr. Saint.
Pray for us!



Happy late Tuesday All! Happy 19th day in my year of Joy. I hope your year is going well. We are enjoying a mild Winter here in North Texas. Just fantastic. Sure, we would like it to snow. But it has been spectacular. We have been to the park with friends a few times, and today we blew bubbles and watched the dog jump. It was nice.

Linking Up With

Currently looking for some link-ups. I will keep you posted if I find any Monday Link-Ups.

Thankful For...

  • My Faith
  • My husband and son
  • New Friends
  • Scripture Writing and Bible Journaling 

Thinking About...

  • Fitting it all in. I'd love to blog more. I'd love to ___. Could someone please make more hours in the day? LOL 
  • I have been thinking a lot about how to improve me. How to better follow God's plan for me. I have been reading the Bible more and doing some scripture writing... easing into Bible Journaling.
Faith Talk...

Monsignor Pemberton gave such a great Homily on Sunday. The Gospel of Saint John, Chapter 2: 1-11 - The Wedding at Cana, was the story. Here it is, in case you aren't familiar:
The Wedding at Cana. [a]On the third day there was a wedding[b] in Cana[c] in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the wedding. When the wine ran short, the mother of Jesus said to him, “They have no wine.” [d][And] Jesus said to her, “Woman, how does your concern affect me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servers, “Do whatever he tells you.” [e]Now there were six stone water jars there for Jewish ceremonial washings, each holding twenty to thirty gallons. Jesus told them, “Fill the jars with water.” So they filled them to the brim. Then he told them, “Draw some out now and take it to the headwaiter.”[f] So they took it. And when the headwaiter tasted the water that had become wine, without knowing where it came from (although the servers who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter called the bridegroom 10 and said to him, “Everyone serves good wine first, and then when people have drunk freely, an inferior one; but you have kept the good wine until now.” 11 Jesus did this as the beginning of his signs[g] in Cana in Galilee and so revealed his glory, and his disciples began to believe in him.

So, you can see that Mary tells Jesus there is no more wine. But she doesn't' stay and tell him how to fix it. She simply tells the servers, "Do whatever he tells you!" Then Monsignor went on to say, how we should be more like Mary, who trusted Our Lord to do what was best. We take prayers and petitions to Him and all to often, we tell him how to answer our prayers, or share our ideas with Him about how we'd like Him to fix things. How much happier would He be if we trusted Him with all our hearts and minds... what if we "got out of His way" and listened when He talked to us... and followed His plan for our lives? Sigh.  This is my goal. To be more like Mary. To take my problems to Jesus and let Him work them for me.

I am enjoying teaching 3rd Grade Religious Ed, but at the same time, it is hard, because I can see the pitfalls of our society. It is not enough for RE teachers to teach the students, you have to live your Faith at home. And that is where it's not being done. I'm not sure how to combat that.  Praying for families!

At Home....

We are plugging along. Finding a balance with homeschool and activity. Sitting out Spring Sports to concentrate on other things.  Marque is traveling a lot. Seriously, we have barely seen him this month, and he was supposed to fly home Friday, but it's looking like a snowstorm will hit the North East, so he may just stay out there and come home later next week. BOO.

At School....

6th Grade is coming along. We are enjoying learning basic Latin, Ancient History and Science. And Christopher just did his first Book Review (more about that tomorrow). In Religion, we are studying the Gospel of Saint Mark and we are really enjoying it.  We are way behind and I don't even care anymore. I hope and pray we will be done by the end of June. I can't stress.

Every time I think I might put my child back into a public school (or private), bad things happen and I'm so glad he is not there. The news is wrought with things like -- children getting suspended for saving a classmates life by sharing an inhaler, or children getting molested by a teacher... and the bullying and clothing. Sigh. It's too much.  

Reading...

Treachery and Truth - review tomorrow.
A Single Bead - review next Wednesday.
Sacred Reading - The 2016 Guide to Daily Prayer
Magnificat
In line to read - Pictures of Me.

Listening To...
  • Alan Jackson's Precious Memories CDs. One of my favorites, Just As I Am. These are two CD's full of old Hymns from my youth. 
Praying For....

  • Katelyn G. and her mama Vicky.
  • My husband - may he be safe in his travels and his lungs clear up.
  • My son and I - that we may focus and get through school.
  • Our Country.
  • Our Pope and Clergy
  • All the Youth and People converging on DC for the March for Life. 

Captured...

My Downton Shoes, Mother Mary. My Little Family. A huge leaf and a blanket scarf. That about sums me up.

Have a great rest of your evening and look for my book review tomorrow.
Blessings all,
Em

2 comments:

  1. "...today we blew bubbles and watched the dog jump." Ah, simple joys!

    You are doing a lot in the homeschool! That's right, don't be too hard on yourself. You are moving on and trying your best. That in itself is a lesson that your son is learning.

    That's a beautiful photo collage! I hope you will have a lot of good family time very soon.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia. We learn lots that is not in books. But I am a book person. Sigh. I'm learning to be nicer to ME! Hugs.
      I hope you are well. I do read your blog and often comment or at least I intend to. LOL I shall check.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em