Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year - Happy & Joyful

Happy Sunday!
Happy New Year

Though the actual Feast of the Epiphany is not until January 6th, our Church celebrated this today in our Mass.  We are taught, as Christians, to be a light in our dark world.... to shine God's light on His people (which is everyone - whether you like that or not). And it occurred to me that during this time of year, during the time when the Magi are searching for the baby Christ Jesus to pay Him homage... it occurred to me that we should always be seeking the Light that is Jesus. How else can we brightly shine His love to others?

There is so much about LIGHT in the Bible. Go to Bible Gateway . Type in "be the light" and you will be amazed by the great verses you will read. Here is one of my favorites.
Matthew Chapter 5:
14 “You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid. 15 No one after lighting a lamp puts it under the bushel basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.

Just one little light is all you need to make the darkness disappear.

So - let's talk about 2016. What's going on with you? For me...

I will be blogging about the Pantry Challenge that Jessica is hosting over at Good Cheap Eats. This is like my 5th or 6th year of doing it and I love it.

On FaceBook, I am writing something daily that I am thankful for. This is part of my "Year of Joy"... lets face it, the evil one tries to rob us of our Joy and I say - NO MORE! "THIS GIRL" is finding joy... I'm going to even when it hurts.  I will create a list of daily joys each week or so. I won't be posting them here (I don't think).

Just saw a fantastic movie.  Have you seen the movie - the War Room? Oh my goodness - what a great movie. It came out over Labor Day.  I just watched it today. WOW! So much to learn. I'm going to have to watch it again. Every wife/mom (ok, really every adult) needs to watch. It made me wish I had a lady like that in my life... someone who would smack me with the reality of my lack of the right kind of prayer.  The world does not need more luke warm Christians. We need to pray like we are strategizing for war... Humbly... willingly moving out of the way so that God can do the work.  I needed this movie.

I just really came on to say hello and check in. I hope to get to some regular blogging this week.
Hugs & Blessings,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em