Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Finding JOY

Good morning.

First, let me say - Happy Feast Day of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary.
Many people don't understand why Catholic's celebrate and venerate this day. We believe it is the day Our Blessed Mother, Mary was conceived and we adore her as the Mother of Our Lord.


In our Faith, this is a Holy Day of Obligation. We will be at 7am Mass to start our day off right. We are so blessed in our Faith.

About JOY. Well, this year, my word of the year was Determination. I was determined to do a lot of things. Many I did, some I did not. But I'm going to concentrate on what I accomplished and not dwell. Because my word of the year for 2016 is JOY. Yes JOY!


And so, my friend Becky Sorensen told me about this JOY sign from Lowes and we went and bought it immediately. It will hang there all year, over my kitchen sink, in the room I spend a lot of time in and one that is the center of our home. JOY. So, if you need me in 2016, I'll be finding JOY in the little things...  HERE is the link if you want to find your word for 2016. Make sure you tell me what it is. I'll be praying for you.

Oh - and one more thing. Yesterday, I promised to share some links of things that you could use to explain Advent to your children.

Advent Wreath Coloring Page
Jennifer @ Catholic Inspired's Advent Activities
Lacy @ Catholic Icing's Advent Activities

There are about a jillion other blogs and sites you could use. Just search on Pinterest or Google. Amazing people out there.

I like to keep it simple. And please, for your sanity, do not try to do it all OR second guess your choices.

Have a great day.

Hugs & Blessings,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em