Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Moments - It's Been Almost a Month...

Happy Monday Tuesday all,

Wow.  I can not believe it's been a month since I've written. I've been so busy.

I'm still looking into having a Monday Daybook link-up. Don't give up on me, I want to create one but I am tech-challenged.

We have had a fantastic several weeks. Marque has been home. We are so happy to have him home. We will even be going on a 9 day trip to the beach. WOOHOO.

So much has happened in the past month, this will be way longer than normal. But bear with me. Plenty of pictures. <3

Here's What's been Happening!

In Davis Academy (our school)...

We started 6th Grade last Monday. And we had two deaths in the family. So we got some done, but have much more to do. We will be taking a little with us to the beach, but that's ok.

We are really going to enjoy 6th Grade. Here are pictures of the 1st Day and our Classroom.


Here is a collage of us watching the lunar eclipse. Love science. Love homeschool.


My student is really learning how to cook. One evening, he made baked apples with oatmeal crumble. And a scoop of ice cream.


In My Heart... 

My mother passed away this week. Considering she was never very motherly, it was an odd moment when I got a call that she passed. I never even knew she had cancer. I thought she had COPD.  Anyway... Here is what I posted on FB and it really just sums it up for me.
Please pray for the soul of my Mother. Sandra (Wren, Painter) Housh. She passed away today. I've always been sad that she was so tormented in life (mental illness), and I pray that she found peace and Our Lord before she passed. I am told cancer had ravaged her body, and that breaks my heart.
It is strange because I am really unsure how to mourn her loss as she really hasn't been steady in my life for the better part of 40 years.
I mourn for the mother I've always wanted, and the peace for all who grow up in such broken homes.
I pray for my siblings that continued to try to have relationships with her, that they may find peace and comfort that she is no longer in pain, and healing for themselves.
I'm so thankful that my bestie Domenica (30+ years) and my husband Marque (18 years) who knew exactly what to say this morning as I sat feeling guilty that the news did not upset me more. Edited to add, my thanks to all who have called, and my special angel who stopped by to make sure I am ok, on her birthday, no less. heart emoticon
I am sad for my child, who will never know the beautiful and talented person she could be at times. And for all my nieces and nephews who never really knew her.
I pray for my father, who never remarried and always loved her.
I pray for her husband of 33 years, that he find peace and comfort.
I pray for my siblings that continued to try to have relationships with her, that they may find peace and comfort that she is no longer in pain, and healing for themselves.I'm so thankful that my bestie Domenica (30+ years) and my husband Marque (18 years) who knew exactly what to say this morning as I sat feeling guilty that the news did not upset me more. Edited to add, my thanks to all who have called, and my special angel who stopped by to make sure I am ok, on her birthday, no less. heart emoticon I am sad for my child, who will never know the beautiful and talented person she could be at times. And for all my nieces and nephews who never really knew her.I pray for my father, who never remarried and always loved her. I pray for her husband of 33 years, that he find peace and comfort.Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
I mourned her so long ago, that it was difficult to process the right thing to do. In the end, for my sanity and peace, I did not go and celebrate her life. I am so grateful that she gave birth to me, but I had no relationship with her, not for a lack of trying on my part.  And so - I could not put myself through anything more on her behalf. I am at peace with it.  And yes - I do know it is hard to explain and understand if you didn't live through it. But if you know me, and how much I value relationships.... well then you should understand how hard it all was. On the advice of a dear friend, I will have Mass said in her name for a few years on her birthday. And I will continue to pray for her soul.

The following day, one of my favorite Aunt's passed. She lived a long life. Sigh.

It was an emotional week.

At Home...

Fall Decorating. I am not really into Halloween because I don't like SCARY. It's too devilish for me.  My husband and son did put up spiders/webs and ghouls to the decor outside, as they are trying to acclimate me to the "dark side". HAHA I will get the inside decorated before we leave and share pictures. I wanted to show you all something I found that is fun. It is still in the 90's here, so we can't decorate with fresh pumpkins this year. I did score these luminaries and have some electric tea lights. I will put them out on Halloween night.


Kitchen & Meal Plan:

Things we made - 

Apple Bread (would be great muffins)
Blueberry Muffins
Caprese Salad with basil we dehydrated
swirled rye bread
My meal plan this past week or so focuses on using what we have. It is about using all the fresh veggies and things that may expire so that we don't have to toss a bunch of things when we get back. For instance, tonight we are having baked potatoes and salad. Tomorrow salad and fish. Did I mention salad? lol I am determined not to toss good things.

Medical. We finally had our endocrinology appointment. What a great doctor. For those of you who don't know, we randomly found out that Christopher was born with half a thyroid (when he got his tonsils removed). And he has gained quite a bit of weight in the past year. This, as he continues to work out daily in addition to baseball, karate, etc. So he had growth plate x-rays, blood work done and met with a nutritionist. We have no answers yet. But we left with a plan on how to re-think our portions, etc. AND though he needs to lose 30 lbs, because he is young, we will position is as not gaining any weight as he is getting taller. Once we have answers, I will share more.

Things I am Reading...

Mostly happy mail (Read: diagramming book for the boy as maybe not so happy).
Things I Am Thinking About...
  • Organizing my blogs & writing more.
  • Concentrating on my Faith.
  • Homeschooling.
  • Our Nation and politics.
  • How sad and lost people are.
Things I Am Praying For...
  • All of the above. Plus,
  • Our Pope & Clergy.
  • Peace in my family.
  • Better help for the Mentally Ill.
  • For more people to stand up for what is right in our World, in our Faith, in our Families. We need to work from a place of honesty.
  • For the Soul of My Mother.
  • And for you.
Captured...

Jenna likes my hair.
My friend Donna knitted me socks. LOVE!

My handsome husband.

Nap after sleepover. HA
My Oldest Nephew got married. Awww

Karate Kick

The Rangers Girls gave him a shirt. So happy!

That is all for today folks. I hope you are not bored to death. HA
Praying for you all.

Blessings & Peace,
Emily



7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a month you have had. So many ups and downs. Prayers for you, and for your mother, and your aunt. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    It's been a doozy.
    But we are blessed with Faith and know God loves us!
    So thankful.
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had a very busy month.
    Prayers for you during this difficult. Family relationships never seem to be the way we want.
    Hoping you find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "But if you know me, and how much I value relationships.... well then you should understand how hard it all was."
    Yes indeed. I understand! Bless you, bless you, bless you. You're still in my prayers. I'm really sorry to hear your aunt passed away, also.
    I enjoyed the pictures and the update. I hope you all enjoy the beach...I want to get to the beach so badly.
    We didn't get to see a bit of the lunar eclipse because of all times, we had a tropical depression (or tropical wave, actually I think it was) over us for the entire night. Of course.
    Love xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you updates and pictures. Keep up the great work you do as a mother and wife.
    Love, E

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been a busy girl, and you forgot to mention you are having the whole house painted. Your baking looks amazing, I attempt it but not very regular. I have never baked bread and it is on my list of things to try. It would be dangerous if I succeed because I love bread. Keep yourself busy, happy and grateful. I for one am grateful for this friendship we have even though we have never and may never meet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Lots going on with you! I understand :) I love your luminary bag decoration and solar eclipse photos! Great shots! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em