Friday, July 17, 2015

Small Successes - What Day is it?

Happy Friday.

It's summer and blogging is not my priority. I have all kinds of ideas about how to step it up... but we are busy and my brain is tired. LOL

You homeschool moms understand, right?

Usually I play along with/link up with the bloggers at CatholicMom.com for Small Success Thursday. But today is Friday... and I'm still gonna link up (so there).



Small Success #1: Today was a hugs success because even though Marque had a doctor's appointment, and we have fencing coming tomorrow and a few people coming to help, etc... we kept our promise of Friday Fun and took our boy to the water park. So fun! Look how happy he is.

This is what we did today!

Wish this was in my back yard!

Small Success #2:  Artwork. Hi, my name is Emily, I'm 51, and I have very little PROPER art on the walls. I've got a lot of talents, decorating is not one of them - I must confess. And so, I'm super excited about this piece.




Here is how it happened. A friend of mine posted a planner from Catholic Sistas. In the picture of the planner, the above print was on the desk. They are hand painted by the artist and I inquired where they got it. AND I was told by them that Check out Dovetail Ink on Etsy.  Please meet Our Lady of the Lilies. Isn't she beautiful?  I ordered her in the size I wanted and as soon as she came, we ran to Hobby Lobby and bought the frame/matting/had the glass cut. I can not wait to hang her.

Small Success #3: PaperCrafting. I made a ton of cards this week with my PaperPumpkin Kit and Water Color Kits from Stampin Up! This is very exciting to me. I so miss crafting.  I've been so blessed. I met Christi Beck (StampinTx) at a homeschool outing and it took me a couple months, but I went to a class at her home. LOVED it. There will be more about it on my blog. But I've so enjoyed evenings there, chatting with the ladies and making cards.

Other successes... I've left all Yahoo groups. In fact, I'm group-less... and I could not be happier. I felt led to this, by God. I have made some friends. Some people who I thought were friends are not. I can not handle the gossip and negativity and I am much happier with my few friends and not around it continually, you know?  God showed me time and again, but I wasn't ready to leave the groups. I've no doubt I will keep the friends I've made. But the drama, I've washed my hands of. This is a huge success.

You all have the great rest of your day and weekend. We'll be working our patooties off in the Texas heat tomorrow. Try not to be jealous.

One last thing, today at the water park, Jeremiah 29:11 was on a sign (it's a Christian-owned water park).
Jeremiah 29:11 For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.

Thank you God for never failing me!

Love, Hugs & Many Blessings.

Em

5 comments:

  1. I love the frame with the picture of Mary! Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That frame is gorgeous! Wow! And it matches the picture so well. Very good job picking that one out. I need a pic of it once you get it on the wall! Where will you put it? You make me want to start framing all the things I've saved with framing in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I also meant to gush over the matting and your color choice. The gold accent was perfect. Just perfect! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From now on, when Hobby Lobby has the 50% off on frames, I am going to buy one and have something framed. I have so many pictures to hang, but I'm too cheap for frames. But my walls are bare. BOO
    Yes, I like how it all came together. AND was on sale. GO ME! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em