Sunday, July 19, 2015

Answer Me This - Fun Link Up!

Happy HOT Sunday. I hope and pray you are all well.

I am going to link this post up with Kendra, at Catholic All Year, for Answer Me This, Summer Edition.



1. What's currently on your To Do list?
  • Cleaning out all closets and getting rid of excess stuff.
  • Finishing 5th Grade and enjoying at least six weeks with no school.
  • Trip to the beach in the Fall (when it cools off).
  • Lesson planning for next year.
  • Read and pray more... talk less.
  • And much more.... I've checked a lot off too. GO ME!

2. Better type of superhero: magic/radioactive powers? Or trauma/gadgets/hard work?   I'm not sure how to answer this. My husband or son could tell you all about super hero, so I will give, probably what you all will thing is a LAME answer. If super hero powers are things like the Saints possess, then I want to be like them. They all had super hero powers of YES. Yes to God's will.  Yes to doing the right things. They were imperfect humans, many started their lives not so great... but ALL of them turned things around and lived the lives God meant for them to live. If honoring God is a super power, please Give me some!

3. Finding out if baby is a boy or a girl before birth: Good idea? Bad idea?  We found out, and I have no regrets. Why is it bad? Two things came into play for us... 1) being a military family, not super wealthy, and most being super organized, we felt a lot of pressure to let people know so they could plan ahead. 2) I  live in a family of monogram everything that doesn't move. So we had names picked out and ready to go, no matter what. lol  Seriously, 3)  I had several miscarriages and because we were being monitored so closely we knew very early what the sex of our baby was. I knew immediately, because I secretly wanted a girl to dress up... ha... Of course, that sounds awful to say, and more than anything I wanted a baby - healthy. But you know, I am an honest person.... and my first thought was girl. Fast forward, we could not be happier with our boy. Of course, selfishly, I wish I could have had more than one. I would have found out the sex every single time.

In the end, we don't believe in choosing the sex of a baby, but if you want to find out and you choose to do it, what would be bad about it? On the other hand, if you don't want to find out, then don't. Simple.

4. Have you ever appeared on a stadium jumbotron?  No, I don't think so.

5. Are you more book smart or more street smart?   I am assuming this is the age-old "common sense vs. intellectual" conversation.  It depends on the situation. I've always been a common sense person. I am a jack-of-all-trades, master of few... I do love to read, but I would not say I'm an intellectual. You know?  I'm confident that I could survive if lost in the woods or something.  But I can not remember every detail or date like I once could. So I'm not sure... People always told me I was smart, but I don't think the ever meant intellectual. I love to learn, but don't necessarily like school.  One more thing.. living this thing called life, I'd much rather get advice from a person than a book. Sure, there are zillions of right ways to do things... book and people... all gauges... have to be kept in perspective. Anyway... I am knowledgeable about what I like. I am not even sure ALL THAT was an answer.

6. Have you had that baby yet? (Feel free to skip this one if it's not applicable to you.)...  Currently not pregnant, but when I was... Oh My Goodness.  First of all, I was huge (no exaggeration). I looked like the Michelin Man's girlfriend (you know, if he had one). I mean, when the staff gasps on your doctor's visits, you are swollen. I was gaining 11 water lbs/week. They induced me about three weeks early. Well, they would have if I hadn't walked in, in labor. I remember in September, we had an "all hands" meeting, and this person, in front of my team said, "You're not due till November, my God, you'll need to be carried in a wheelbarrow".  NO I am not kidding. From about June on, I heard, "are you sure you aren't carrying twins?" "Man that baby must be big!" And when I was put on bedrest... people just stepped it up. HAHA

They can't help it. It's like they are invested in your babydom too. It's flattering and frustrating, but it's mostly flattering (except the ugly comments).  The patting of the belly by strangers. The "let me help yous".  All the prayers. I would have given anything to be able to carry more than one to term.. I was uncomfortable, I had an allergic reaction to medicine, I had an infection, and I pushed for almost three hours, just to have an emergency c-section. I did not meet him till seven hours later and spent almost a week in the hospital, and I'd have done it ten more times if I could have....  So as frustrating as some of it was... I really try to keep it all in perspective.

Have a great rest of your day. I hope I did this fun link-up justice.

Hugs & Blessings,

Em

4 comments:

  1. I'm right with you on number 2!

    You were really brave with your pregnancy, and blessed with a sense of humor, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Martha. Yes to #2. My goal... become a Saint, if it is God's will.
    As for brave... I'm not sure. But thank you! xx oo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fellow huge pregnancy person here. The gasps. lol. Being short doesn't help because there's nowhere for the baby to go but out.

    When I was first pregnant, I wanted a girl very badly, for reasons I can't even fathom now. I even thought for sure Gray was a girl. Then we had the ultrasound at 20 weeks and found out he was a boy. I was pretty upset and I think I even cried. But after a few days, I started to feel so in love with HIM--my son, and it just grew & grew. By the time I gave birth, I couldn't imagine not having him as a boy. And after getting to mother a baby boy, I realized I was so lucky he'd been a boy! I loved mothering a boy...still do. I loved it so much that before pregnancy #2 even happened, I prayed that it would also be a boy! I prayed and hoped...and when the day came that I found out I was having another boy, I was over the moon happy. I love being a boy mom--I've always been a tomboy, never very feminine at all, so I know it was my calling. I often tell Philip I wish we'd had two more babies---but only if we could be sure they'd be boys. ;) (not that I would ever believe in engineering the sex of a baby, but ykwim.)

    Fun link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved five boys. But I really would love a girl too. <3 I'm kinda prissy sometimes... and I'm pretty feminine. I could go either way.
    It is hard to be short and PG. We are so blessed though, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em