This is a Public Service Announcement - PLEASE RELAX THIS SUMMER. ESPECIALLY MY HOMESCHOOL MAMA FRIENDS.
Sometimes our weekends are so packed, my husband says he needs Mondays off. He's not rested at all. There was a time when that was EVERY weekend. I know, sometimes it can not be helped. But - we need to take time to rest.
In the past week or so I've read so many blogs full of things that people are doing...my head is spinning. I actually feel sorry for some of the children. And while it is every family's choice to GO GO GO or not, I implore you - PLEASE SCHEDULE SOME DOWNTIME! I feel like you are going to start the next school year NOT rested. And that just stinks. Sure, it's none of my beeswax what you do in your home... but this is my blog... I get to speak my mind here. Neat, huh?
Some would say -- if I don't keep them busy, my children will argue. I say, tell them to stop. Separate them. Help them learn that downtime is important. Admittedly I only have one child at home. But I remember my siblings and I reading and having quiet time and learning to get along.
Maybe as a homeschool mom, I need the summer to be relaxing. My husband is gone so much and it's just my child and I. A zillion repetitious questions a day. But I am so happy he understands that downtime is good.
OR Maybe it's because it's so hot here in Texas and I don't do extreme heat. I mean who wants to go outside in 95+ degree heat (usually 20 - 30 days of our summer are at/over 100)? Not me. I am not a fan of sunburn or heatstroke, thank you very much.
OR maybe it's because we don't have all the money in the world to go to Maine or Washington State or somewhere where the average Summer Temps are still in the 70's/low 80's... OR many places. Our entertainment budget is not great as we pay down debt. But we know it will be worth it when that some day comes.
I'm really not sure. And I promise - I PROMISE - I am not putting anyone down. I just feel like we all go go go... and I'm trying to talk you all into taking it easy. In fact, I challenge you to do it (lol).
Here is my basic plan for the Summer.
- Christopher has football camp June 8th - 25th, M-Th.
- Free Bowling on Tuesdays with friends
- Our pool will be in June 19th Weekend. So we will be in it mornings and evenings when time allows.
- Various Pool Parties
- Gaming Playdates with Friends
- Parks/Playgrounds (preferably shaded with trees) in mornings/evenings
- Memorizing Times Tables (him)
- Reading Books as a family and individually
- Playing Board Games
- Visiting Museums and Indoor Venues
- Activities with homeschool groups.
- Beach - late September.
Around the US:
- 50 States Must See Stops
- Most Stunning Natural Wonder in each State
- 50 Best Tourist Attractions You've Never Heard Of
- Best Swimming Holes in Texas (look your state up)
- Another Swimming Holes in Texas Link
- Movie Night in Sundance Square
- Sundance Square - Events (General)
- Free Things to Do in Fort Worth
- 181 Things to Do in DFW
- State Parks in DFW Area
- Bottled Water
That is all.
Go and enjoy yourselves.
Love, Hugs & Blessings,