Monday, June 8, 2015

Moments

Em’s DayBook
Vol. 13

Happy Monday! It sure came early at our house. The car service picked Marque up at 5:15am. OUCH!

AND it was the first day of strength and agility training camp (six weeks long, 2 hours/day of running and weight lifting) for Christopher. It's the summer of getting fit people. I walked 3/4 of a mile with a friend and my goal is a whole mile tomorrow. I was so tired though, in my defense. My real goal is ultimately 4-5 miles a day before the end of the year.. Pray for me.

TODAY, I’M…

Thankful For (Counting my blessings)…
  • My Faith. Without God, I’m nothing.
  • That the sun is out and people are drying up - though I have to admit, I miss the rain.
  • Family & Friends.
  • For my husband who works so hard and is a pretty darn unselfish man.
Thinking About…

Spiritual Warfare. People, it's time to suit up. Christian families are under attack. Yes, they have been for a long time. But let me tell you something that happened on FaceBook. So THIS Reporter, a homosexual, decides to take down the Duggars. THIS Attorney requested the FOIA info AND, according to some sources allegedly (I believe it is true) spoke with a prisoner under false pretenses (just happened to be the person the Duggars took their son to confess his actions to).  Oh and by the way, he was removed from the Student Senate in Main for misappropriation of funds. Which I am sure was just a stupid, immature mistake...

People - pay attention. These people PURPOSED to come after the Duggars because they believe differently than the LGBT community does. They live their Christian values. They stand up for Christian families... and that has made them a target. We are all under attack. This situation has really made that CLICK with me.

Anyway - I have heard so many people, including folks who say they are Christian, say the worst things about the Duggars. All this "supposing" and hateful vitriol is OLD.  One person said they should spend less time matching outfits and more time taking care of there kiddos, then things like this wouldn't happen. REALLY? So we are now looking to denigrate families who MATCH? Give me a break.

OK, I'm losing my train of thought but read this blog post. The Duggar Scandal is an Attack on Hope.  I think it is also an attack on forgiveness, Christian Values, Large Families and the ability to parent as we see fit. I wrote this in response to the above post, in a discussion on my FB wall.
Two things I fear, and one thought... 1st Fear - I fear that good people who's children take normal curiosity too far, will be afraid to seek help outside their homes for fear of the current climate. 2nd Fear - I fear that large families will come under scrutiny because you can't possibly watch more than ___ kids at a time. And it's not true. Crap happens in a single-child household. A side note, we live in a society that when I went to the hospital with a huge bruised and swollen foot and I said a frozen chicken fell on it, the first time my husband left the room they asked if I felt safe at home. WHAT?! Ok - a third fear is that if we don't agree with homosexuality and follow an LGBT trend we will be publicly scored (look for 19 questions by the homosexual reporter who took down the Duggars). And my thought - the process of forgiveness looks like this... 1) person does wrong, 2) they ask for forgiveness, 3) we give forgiveness, 4) they build back our trust, and 5) we put it behind us and no longer hold it against them. Right? And that is what happened here. Sigh.

Two more things 1) You know, if you have read my blog for a while, that I had an abortion at age 19. You also know I am staunchly Pro-Life. I am not a hypocrite. I have learned how wrong that is... I am forgiven (thank you GOD) and I paid for my sins.  and 2) No one has the right to tell a victim's story, except the victim.

Please prepare yourselves for Spiritual Warfare. It's real. HERE is a Spiritual Warfare Prayer!

In Our Home…

90 Day - No Spend.  What's that you say? Well, it's really about sticking to a budget. And we do have one. LOL Nothing that isn't on the budget can be spent. So in your budget - there should be an entertainment line, or you may be out of luck. I don't know that we will ever "get ahead" and that is just going to have to be ok.

Travel Season. It's travel season for the Hubs (it ebbs and flows, one never knows when the chaos of travel will ensue). Last week San Diego, this week Savannah, next week Boulder. He's home two days and leaves again - literally. We think starting Father's Day weekend, he will be home a few weeks. YAY.

We will be replacing the rest of our fence that weekend. AND putting up our pool. Very excited about that.

My Health. I went back to the doc's about panic attacks/stress and he put me on a med called Cymbalta. It was so much fun to be nauseated like I was with morning sickness, that I realized I'd rather have a panic attack. HA  For real, I am working on alternatives (no not recreational drugs, stop it).
  • I am doing more creating and taking time for me.
  • I am on the treadmill and working out daily (stress relief).
  • I am learning about anti-inflammatory foods.
  • I use essential oils and they help.
Do no worry, I'm not taking my health lightly. For me it's about praying more and stressing less. I can't take meds - they make me whackadoodle. And I don't need help with that.

Family Movie Night.  We watched McFarland USA. So good. It's a family movie. It's about never giving up AND learning to love our neighbors. I highly recommend it.

School. We may never be done with 5th grade. HA. Seriously - we will. We are enjoying our summer and doing school... and I'm trying not to be crazy about it.

In Our Kitchen…

Nothing to report. lol Marque is gone and I'm on a break!

Praying For…
  • Our Nation & World
  • Mental & Physical Welfare of friends & family.
  • Finances.
  • Our Pope and Clergy.
  • For more JOY in the little things…
  • The softening of people’s hearts!
  • Less “me” mentality.
Captured…

I got my hair cut off. Look how white it is.

Today, I am linking up with Mom2Mom Link Up! Come check out the other bloggers.

Love, Hugs & many blessings,

Em

3 comments:

  1. Love the hair. It looks very young on you. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you lady.
    Apparently white hair is brittle and breaks, so the length may not be an option.... as the break-offs mean for thinning hair, and this girl can't handle going bald. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Em!!! Oh, summer is smacking us in the face full force, isn't it? Love love love the new do (already told you it is "Sassy!", which is amazing!). And yes, you will finish 5th grade. All things in their own time.

    Parish hopping? When Cherry Ames was a teen, we did that every summer, because she was a "volunteer vacation cantor" - singing in whichever parish needed a cantor on any given Sunday! We still go visit other parishes in the summer, usually to meet up with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em