Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Moments - Too Much Thinking...

Em’s DayBook
2015 Vol. 14

Happy Muggy
Monday. Tuesday! We've been in humidity central here folks, waiting for the rain. We may get up to 9 inches (which probably means 3-4). People are afraid of flooding, but honestly I am not. We always need rain around here. This rocky soil dries and splits in a heartbeat.

As it turns out, I never had time to blog yesterday AND my child has apparently been sick for a week. Doctor today. May Be Strep.

TODAY, I’M…

Thankful For (Counting my blessings)…
  • My Faith.
  • My husband and his job.
  • Family & Friends.
  • Good Books.
  • Creativity.
  • Various Reality Checks.
Thinking About…
  • Prayer Life - and how I need to learn to pray with purpose.
  • Perception Vs. Reality - The other day on my blog, I asked, "Is Perception Reality?" When I asked this, I meant for you to think about that.

    • The perception may be that my house may not be as clean as others. The reality is, I clean my home daily (parts of it), but I am not concerned with perfection like I once was.

    • The perception may be that I am not a great mom (you know because I wanted my child to not give up on football camp because it is hard and didn’t listen to him when he said his stomach was cramping (in my defense he can be a hypochondriac if he is trying to get out of things)). The reality is – I push him because he is self-conscious and because he has Aspergers he demands perfection. Instead of being first on the track at football camp, I say, do your best… The first day, he was last, the second day, he came home and reported he was not last, but second to last and had improved. You see – I want him to believe in the talents God gave him. That is what people perceiving things can not see.

    • In short, I do not think perception is reality because perception often turns into judgment…. and that’s not cool. 

  • Reading More Books - I read a book this weekend. LOVE that. Review tomorrow. <3
  • Our World - I hate to think about all the bad in the world. I think it's time to concentrate on the positives. Not saying, stick my head in the sand, but I sometimes just do not want to know.
  • 5 - 10-Year Plan. Yep we are mapping out some things. Making some major and some minor changes. We are praying on it all, but we will share with you when we can.
  • Veiling Group. As you know, a few years ago I started wearing a veil when in the True Presence of Christ.  I left the group a while back because it's really not what I envisioned it to be. The same questions all the time. The same arguments disguised as discussions. But after a six month absence, I went back... not as an admin, but as a participant. I figured It would be easier. But in the end, nothing has changed. Veiling, watered down, is not ever what I wanted the group to be. As Faith and Devotion are not PC. They shouldn't be. So anyway - I love some of these ladies very much. I just can't be in the group. My husband could not believe I even went back. Sigh. Big mistake.
I know I know - TOO MUCH THINKING!

In Our Home…

Cleaning, tossing, organizing.  Decluttering one room at a time. We just need to get rid of so much. Sigh. Making lists of what we need to do. Talking to a realtor soon about whether we could sell, as is, or if we need to do some touching up.  My Mary for my Mary garden came in. She's beautiful. Can not wait to put in the pool and get the garden planted. Also - my roses are growing a little anyway... We planted rose bushes outside our windows...

Wifing...

We always strive to be the best wife we can me. The best mother. The best everything. But it never hurts to stop and read a blog post or a scripture passage about stepping up our game. That is why I love Marriage Monday. And I am linking up with Elizabeth at YesTheyAreAllOurs for Marriage Monday (yes, I know it's Tuesday).  Today's post is about preparing your family for life and new seasons. I believe we Christian moms are good at this. First, we have our Faith... AND though we may panic for a moment (dang the humanity of it all) we ultimately know that God will  never desert us because He made us. WE GOT THIS!   Here is the homework for this week. You really want to assess these things - because they are so good. Wow.
Project P31, Mission #11:

How are you doing on your homework assignments each week??  Are you ready for a new assignment?  Today's assignment has three parts:

1. Take some time to prepare for the upcoming season.  What will you and your family need? How can you begin now to prepare for the season ahead?  We need to prepare ahead for the both the next season of the year and the next season of our lives!
2. Consider what you could do to be prepared for an emergency.  Do you have a pantry stocked with food?  Do you have any stores of water, first aid supplies, flashlights and batteries?  I remember when everyone was stockpiling for Y2K!  :)  While it is not wise to live in fear, it is wise to make some simple preparations for a possible emergency.  Many of us will face tornados, hurricanes, blizzards, or extended power outages. Are we prepared??
3. Most importantly, are you prepared for the inevitable fact that none of us will make it out of alive!  :) Are you and your family "clothed in the scarlet blood of Christ?"  There is no greater provision for your future (and your present) than to be clothed in the blood of Christ and ready to stand before God on Judgment Day! Being religious is not enough!  Religion is like the Emporer's New Clothes -- when you stand before a Just and Holy God one day, you will be naked and exposed!!  Only the blood of Christ will cover us from our shame and guilt!! (Message me if you need clarification on this point! I'd love to share with you how you can be prepared to meet your Creator!)
In Our Kitchen…

I made chocolate chip cookies for a friend and her family:


They arrived at their destination yesterday. They OD'd on cookies and all is right with the world. Unfortunately we kept a few here, in the freezer. I am high on sugar as well.

Praying For…
  • Our Nation & World
  • Mental & Physical Welfare of friends & family.
  • Finances.
  • Our Pope and Clergy.
  • For more JOY in the little things…
  • People to turn to our Lord.
Captured…



I am also linking up with Mom2Mom Link Up! Come check out the other bloggers.

Love, Hugs & many blessings,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em