Sunday, June 14, 2015

Answer Me This {Summer 1}




Hi there,

Linking up LATE on a Sunday night with Kendra at Catholic All Year for Answer Me This. I've never played along, so bear with me. I hope I do this right.

1) Any Big Plans for the Summer?   We live in Hot Texas and the Summer is swimming and staying cool. We typically wait till Fall to go to the beach when it cools off (you know to the 80's) and it's not as crowded. We might go on a couple business trips with Marque.  While we have some things planned, like local water parks and a visit to family in Houston...

My son is in strength and agility camp for three weeks in June and three in July (learning to work out). We are bowling with friends on Tuesdays. We have some playdates set up with other tweens. But other than that... Nothing planned. Just relaxing and summering.

2) What's the Strangest Thing You Believed as a Child?  I think I am too old to answer. HA. Um, I do remember my grandmother and Aunts and stuff telling us that if we ate watermelon seeds, a watermelon would grow in our bellies. OR if we rolled our eyes or made faces too much our face would get stuck that way. Those kinds of things?

3) What is Your Favorite Amusement Park Ride?  I love the big old wooden rollercoasters. I love the It's a Small World and Peter Pan Rides. I mean just about anything Disney is magical. Sigh... Dumbo too!

4) What's On Your Summer Reading List?  I just read (finished today), A Fifty Year Silence: Love, War, and a Ruined House in France. It's about Holocaust survivors and is written by their grand-daughter. Amazing.
5) Have You Ever Fallen Asleep in Public? No, not that I can remember.

6) What's Your Favorite Smell? I have a few favorites - bread baking; walking down the street in the Fall and smelling the crisp air, mixed with the smell of fire in folks' fireplaces; lavender, vanilla and Vicks vaporub...... my grandmother smelled of White Shoulders (and Vaseline brand lotion); my grandfather smoked cherry tobacco in his pipe. LOVE that smell. I love the smell of my husband and child... the smell of honeysuckle on the air... sigh...  Smells and music - reminders of great things (ok, and some not great ones too).

This is a short and sweet post. Looks like you have a couple days to play along. Let me know if you do, so I can read your blog and comment.

Blessings,

Em

3 comments:

  1. I was with you until you said It's a Small World. It is a curse on the women in our family. We always, ALWAYS get stuck on it. My grandma, my mom, and I, every time.
    Nothing like a good, relaxing summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are *very* (very, very) slowly working our way through the Hobbit over here. I read it years ago, but wanted to try it with the kids. They seem to like it when we read, but we have a hard time sitting and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. You get sick? YUCK! I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em