Thursday, April 9, 2015

Small Success Thursday -

"If you wish to strengthen your confidence in God still more, often recall the loving way in which He has acted toward you, and how mercifully He has tried to bring you out of your sinful life, to break your attachment to the things of earth and draw you to His love."  — St. Alphonsus Liguori



Good morning and Happy Thursday!

The storms blew through last night. We even cancelled our Moms & Margaritas. Sigh.  Tonight we are supposed to have baseball. By we, I mean my child. However, it will likely get rained out.

I'd like to appeal to Catholic Bloggers. Please participate in Small Success Thursday. I know we are all busy. But I love this positive and upbeat way to look at our lives and I do not want to see it go away. So go to Catholicmom.com and link up! Pretty please.

Here are my Small Successes this week. I'm linking up with Small Success Thursday, over at Catholicmom.com. Join me?!

Making One Car Work. Ok, it's a truck. Anyway... A typical Co-Op Thursday looks like this. Up at 5:30am to take the hubs to work. I come home, make sure I'm ready for class and make breakfast for us. Then we get dressed and leave about an hour before it starts, because we go to a co-op about 30 minutes or so away. We like to stop at Starbucks.

          Oh and real quick, check out the Divine Mercy eBook over at Catholic Inspired. Using it today to help teach my Saint's Class on Saint Faustina.


Clean House. Ok, it's a little dusty and the carpets need to be PROFESSIONALLY cleaned... However, Marque is home this week, so I stayed home from baseball practice and cleaned the bathrooms upstairs and wiped everything down... Sure, I clean while he is gone. But it's more of a quick clean... and a REAL clean was way past due. Please tell me you understand. lol

Taking Time for Me. More days than not, I've had uninterrupted time to read my Magnificat and ponder my relationship with God. Sigh - it's so important to take time for ME!  When Marque's travel schedule ramps up, it's hard to take time for me, because I become mom, dad, janitor, fixer, school teacher, etc. And it's like "where'd I go?!" I'm not complaining. I'm so blessed.

Paid Off Another Card. It's a slow process for us, this paying off debt. But we paid off a card and I could not be happier. We have a long way to go, but like other small successes, I like to take a moment to acknowledge progress, however small.

I hope and pray you have a great day.

Blessings,

Emily

10 comments:

  1. WOW, you need a stop at Starbucks after all that running around...and I am hoping SST starts to get a bigger response. I, too, would hate to see it go.
    I hear you on the cleaning. I have this amazing ability not to see dust until you can write your name in it. I think it's because when I was a kid, my sister had severe asthma and Mom had to clean all the time (this was pre-inhaler days). My job was dusting and I had to do it often. My sister never was allowed to dust or vacuum. And now, as an adult, I pretty much ignore all dust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hysterical! We live in Fort Worth, and it's so dry here that I have to dust every few days or it gets bad. Of course, I don't always do it. LOL
    We are asthma people. Sigh. And I'm allergic to dust mites. BOO
    Praying for SST.
    Hugs and thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a schedule. Get in your time while you can. Congrats on the paydowns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't blogged at all! Just so busy. I love Small Success Thursday's, though. YAY for cleaning and paying off a credit card!!! Super awesome. Have a great week and an amazing Divine Mercy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jaime. Many of us have taken an "I'm way too busy" break. It's all good.
    You have a great and blessed weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally get the cleaning thing. Some days I feel like "it's just gonna get messy again.... so I'll hold off on a Real clean for another day", which works for about one day 'round here, but not for the additional days that usually follow.
    Yay for paying off credit cards! We're really working on that now over here too, seems like such a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your "small" successes, which always sound pretty big to me. I would participate, but as you know, I am not Catholic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a lot more work to do. Thanks though.
    I need a cleaning JEANIE! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em