Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Moments - Holy Week

Em's DayBook -
Vol.9

Morning Offering: "The devotion to the Eucharist is the most noble, because it has God as its object; it is the most profitable for salvation, because it gives us the Author of Grace; it is the sweetest, because the Lord is Sweetness Itself."  — Pope St. Pius X

Happy Tuesday All!

This week is going well. I feel rushed, but truly - we are blessed to be busy. I have to keep remembering this. It's Holy Week and amidst the clamor of our daily lives, we must stop and remember the sacrifices of Our Lord AND all of the richness and beauty that his Passion has given us.

TODAY, I’M…

Thankful For (Counting my blessings)…

  • Gorgeous Weather
  • Friends, new & old
  • My husband.
  • My precious child.
  • Our precious Pope and his spirit of LOVE!
  • Mostly for the Sacrifices of Jesus and his Holy Parents.
Catching Up...

With homeschool, co-op, peg-painting, baseball starting, hubby traveling, my blog has been largely ignored. Let me just say, ALL IS WELL! I'm tired and busy, but I can't complain.

I will tell you something funny though... so Sunday I made cookie dough, for cookies I needed for Monday (to decorate with friends), and my husband said, "you need to stop volunteering for things, I'm going to have to cut you off!"  I looked at him pretty perplexed... and waited. You see, he volunteered me to be team mom for baseball, which means I have to be in the dugout with the boys.  AND at the parade for Opening day on Saturday, he told a parent (who's son is facing reconstructive digestive surgery) that I was great at fundraising and would help him out.   Let's just say - he got what I was looking perplexed for, and moved on. HA!

Later this week, we are going to visit a church and look at Relics. I hear they are a strand of Mary's hair, a piece of hay from the Manger (THE MANGER), a piece of THE Cross, and several others. HOW COOL IS THAT?

Thinking About…

Whether anyone reads my blog and if I can fix that during this crazy season of life.  Losing weight...  Finances.... our world and politics. Whether my child would be better off in public school or Catholic School. lol IF we homeschool next year, we will definitely be changing our curriculum. In fact, I wish my brain would calm down.

I am thrilled that my experiences help others. Do you ever wonder WHY bad things happen to you? Well, I have an answer... they happen because there will be a some day that your bad things help others... and miraculously they become good things.  So just keep that in mind when you are going through a lot.

Seems like I've been friend-counseling many women on how to deal with other women. It's not easy. But just in case you need something to think about, remember this... we do not have to be friends with everyone we meet. Being friendly and amicable is enough sometimes. So if you don't care for someone, continue to be nice, but don't worry about setting playdates, getting to know them, etc. Go with your gut. I should more. I'd have saved myself on many occassions.

God never said BE FRIENDS WITH EVERYONE. He said be nice and helpful, etc. (clearly those are my words, but you get the gist).

Reading…

I do not always have time to read. And that is just how it is. I need to pray for concentration, but I'm afraid if I do, I'd get a lesson on it and be even more baffled and lost. HA

Wifing…

There is no new post this week on Elizabeth's Blog. But last week's is here -  Marriage Monday: Project P31 ~ Rising While it is Yet Night {Link up} Here is what she says:

She also rises while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens. ~ Proverbs 31:15

The excellent wife doesn't lay in bed until noon!  She rises early and wisely invests the most valuable hours of the day!
She rises before the sun, so she can start her day with the Son! She nourishes herself with physical and spiritual food, so she can share physical and spiritual nourishment with her family! Then she wisely plans her day, dividing up the tasks to be completed and assigning them to her servants.
I love how the Amplified Bible translates this verse:
She rises while it is yet night, and gets [spiritual] food for her household, and assigns her maids their tasks.

The virtuous woman realizes that she can't serve her family, manage her home, and be a shining light in her community without spending time in the presence of her Lord first! She has to prepare her heart to serve and strengthen herself for the day ahead. The joy of the Lord is her strength!

After being nourished spiritually, the virtuous woman is ready to nurture her family! In Biblical times, one of her daily responsibilities was to grind grain, then knead and bake the daily bread for her household. After spending time with the Bread of Life, she was up to the task!

Modern day P31s also need to learn the discipline of rising early, so we can spend time in the presence of our Lord, receiving spiritual nourishment and strength for the day's challenges. Since we are the Lord's bond servants, He may assign us our tasks for the day, just as the excellent wife assigned tasks to her servants!

Rising early provides a peaceful time to prayerfully plan our days, so we can be more productive and organized.  As we consider what must be done that day, we can assign tasks to our servants.  What? You don't have servants?  What about your vacuum cleaner, your washer and dryer, you mixer, your crock pot, your food processor and bread machine??  And what of the eager helpers in your home?  My children expect to see a job list most mornings! :)

Rising early and redeeming the time by starting our mornings in the Presence of the Lord, praying over our days, and planning our days based on our priorities, will help us be productive and peaceful! This proactive approach lends calmness and order to our days, making us feel more serene and prepared to tackle the unexpected.  (And every day has its share of surprises!)

I realize it was from last week, but OH HOW I NEEDED TO READ THIS! I am going to get my own alarm clock and start being better about meeting God first thing in the morning. My morning should go, God, Treadmill, breakfast, wake up my child, school.

How do you make time for God? What's your plan? I'd love to hear. And check out her post for homework. <3

In Our Kitchen…

This is Holy Week and it's all meatless all week. See my post from yesterday - Meatless Holy Week.

Yesterday, I rolled out my Grandma Helen's Holiday Cut-Out Cookie recipe and took them to a friends. A few of us brought out children and the decorated (and ate) them.


Faith Matters…

While reading today's Magnificat Lenten Companion, I couldn't help but smile. The story is about the night of betrayal of Jesus (by Judas and Peter). Here is a passage:
"This Holy Week, as we contemplate these dark days which the Father allowed, let us never forget that darkness does not have the victory. John the Evangelist reminds us, The light Shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it (Jn 1:5). So let us not be afraid as we contemplate this night, as we contemplate our own betrayals, because the darkness has been pierced by His mercy!

Even after the day of Resurrection, this night was never forgotten. It was preached by the Apostles, written down by the Evangelists, pondered by Christians in private prayer and in countless liturgies and reenactments down through the ages. Why? Because this night is part of Jesus' path and our path. Let us follow Him to Resurrection!"

We must not be afraid of dark times. The lead to the light. Embrace the LIGHT... search HIM out and embrace HIM!

Praying For…
  • Our Nation & World
  • Mental & Physical Welfare of friends & family.
  • Our Pope and Clergy.
  • For more JOY in the little things…
  • The softening of people’s hearts!
  • Local homeschool co-ops and parents/families!
Captured…

Boys in front of firetruck before parade.
Pegs from our swap.
I hope and pray your week goes well.

Love, Hugs & many blessings,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em