Monday, March 30, 2015

Meatless Holy Week...

"Let nothing disturb you, let nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything. Whoever has God lacks nothing; God alone suffices." — St. Teresa of Avila


Hi All,

Marque has been traveling a lot during Lent, and we decided we hadn't done enough "as a family" to keep Lent at the forefront. If I am being honest, we just haven't done enough. Life is busy in the Spring, and it is way too easy in our modern culture, to put God and our Faith aside.

It's as if we know He will be there and won't mind.  The first part is true, but I believe He does mind. We must keep our Lord's Suffering Alive as a reminder - always in our Hearts.

Sure, my son hates it when I say, "Our Lord suffered for hours on the cross, you can sit still for 45 minutes!" We know these things, yet we forget to act them out. You know?

Anyway... my point of this whole post is that we have decided to have a meatless Holy Week.  This is NOT easy for our meat-loving family, so I know it is the right thing. To help, we stopped by Costco and got some fantastic and fun meatless options.

Here is our basic menu plan.

Breakfast Menu: Cereal, Fruit, Yogurt, Eggs, Muffins

Lunch Menu: Meatless Soup, Sandwiches - egg salad or tuna, smoothies, shrimp rice bowls, hummus & pretzel packs.

Dinner Menu:

  • Sunday - Grilled Salmon & Veggies

  • Monday - Pollock Patty Burgers & Salads (Costco)

  • Tuesday - Leftovers or Egg Sandwich (baseball practice night)

  • Wednesday - Lobster Bisque Soup (Costco)

  • Thursday - Fish, Rice & Veggies (baseball practice night)

  • Friday - Cheese pizza and salad

  • Saturday - Grilled fish & veggies


I am so thankful to serve our precious Lord. He keeps us humble and on the right track.

I hope you enjoy your week and be blessed.

Emily

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em