Thursday, February 19, 2015

Small Success Thursday...

Dear God, let us preach You without preaching, not by words but by example, by the catching force, the sympathetic influence of what we do, the evident fullness of the love our hearts bear for You. Amen.  -from Seven Saints for Seven Virtues

Hiya Sisters.



Today is Thursday. Is it not a success that we are alive and well? Yes it is! HA. I won't count it as one of my three, but each day reminds me to be happy I'm awake another day. I know I know - I'm sappy! I get it!  On with my successes.

Success #1. My family rarely gets to go to Ash Wednesday Mass together. Last night was the first time in three years. Usually, Marque is traveling (last year he was in Israel)... but we were so pleased he was with us this year.

Success #2. Do you ever have those moments where a question has been bugging you and you finally do a little detective work... and get to an answer? Well - our cable bill is $56/month. Our package is $19.99. But they charge fees that are $35+. I never knew that. By the time we pay the $12 DVR fee and the $7 Joey fee (hopper) and the $8 protection fee and taxes... it translates to NOT worth it. We did so well without TV. That dang Free iPad... well people - it's not really free. You're welcome for that. Hmmph.

Success #3.  I have not argued back with my child in a couple days. I'm just not going to. He may, in fact, be the mouthiest kid in the whole world. But I'm not getting sucked in any more. Nope! You see, I am working on MY reaction. Sigh. I'm worn out. HA

I have to be honest with ya, I am not sure there are exciting successes... so #4 will be this... My house is at least semi-clean. My meal tonight is partly cooked. I'm organized for a quick run to the grocery store later AND so far, we are having a great Lent.

I love to play along. But I confess, I am not sleeping well. And I actually read that lack of sleep can cause brain damage. Oh man that made my husband and I giggle... explains a lot, no?! haha

Anyway - it is supposed to be 70 for a couple days before it goes back to 40's. We are hoping for Math test and writing a paragraph and then park with friends tomorrow.

Praying for you all this Lent.  I need to catch up with some reading. You all have a great rest of your day.

Link up with me and the ladies at Catholicmom.com for Small Success Thursday!

and let me leave you with humor...


Blessings,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em