Monday, February 23, 2015

Moments...It's Finally Winter

Em's Daybook - Vol. 6


"I will attempt day by day to break my will into pieces. I want to do God’s Holy Will, not my own." — St. Gabriel Possenti


Happy Monday.

Overnight, winter came. YAY. It's always super exciting to see the white stuff, EVEN if it is just ice. Seems like it will be cold and icy here over the next few days. Sigh. We have had a fire going since Saturday and our house is toasty while the ice is pervasive outside. Bread baking, lego playing, x-box too. Just a family weekend. I know - boring! lol

[caption id="attachment_5372" align="aligncenter" width="482"]finally winter FINALLY WINTER! WOOHOO![/caption]

I hope and pray your weekend was good. This weekend we did a lot, but nothing. lol

TODAY, I’M…

Thankful For

  • Fire in the fireplace.

  • The ability to limit social media.

  • Peace in maturity.

  • Being a Wife/Mom


Thinking About…

Complaining. I read a story recently, Dear Complaining Mom, and BOY did it make me think. Now, I am not a super-complainy person, because people who complain all the time get on my nerves (sorry, but they do). HOWEVER, I do say things like, "I'm so tired." "I wish there were more hours in the day." "I would love to go back to work so we can have money for vacation." "why is there so much laundry?" etc. And you know what, those are complaints too. They really are.

Think about it... every time we make a statement about something we don't like, it is a complaint. And really, should we be? It's so hard not to make a comment about anything from other drivers to someone's outfit to eating the same foods on a regular basis.

It's complaining and we need to I need to work on it.  I can not determine if you do too, but think about it.

Reading…

  • The Temperament God Gave You. Our group is on Chapters 4/5.

  • Family Lenten Readings


Wifing…

Linking Up with Elizabeth's Marriage Monday Post - Project P31 - A Trustworthy Woman.
"Our calling as God's women is to live life in such a solid way that our husband never worries or wonders about our character or our management of our home, our finances, or our time." ~ Elizabeth George, Beautiful in God's Eyes.

In the post today, she talks about being trustworthy, so that your husband never has to worry about your purity, your values, your housekeeping, your caring for his children, etc.   And I am happy to say, he scored me VERY HIGHLY in everything except finances. It's my fatal flaw and one I am working hard to fix. Not that I lie to him about what I spend. I am good at budgeting, it's the saving I'm not good at.  So I pass with flying colors for trustworthiness, but need to save some of what I budget. LOL
Project P31, Mission #2:

Our mission for this week to examine our character and conduct and determine if we are trustworthy in every area of our lives. Can others trust you to be a woman of your word?  Can they trust you to fulfill your responsibilities? Can you be trusted to govern yourself and live wisely in this age of "anything goes"? What areas do you need to work on as you strive to be a Model P31 who is worthy of trust?

Please check out her posts. They are so good. They always make me think and remind me there are many things I can do better.

In Our Kitchen…

This week, Marque is traveling... when he is gone, Christopher and I eat simple meals, probably from the freezer. Plus, Thursday night (weather permitting) we have baseball tryouts and Friday night we have dinner out after a field trip to Dallas Aquarium.

If I wrote it out, it would look something like this.

  • Last Night - Pork Chops & Salad

  • Tonight - Spaghetti (sauce & meatballs from the freezer)

  • Tomorrow night - Cobb Salad (with my home-made chicken cutlets)

  • Wednesday night - Breakfast for Dinner

  • Thursday Night - Soup & Sandwich (leftover chicken cutlet sandwiches)

  • Friday - Eat Out

  • Saturday - Roasted Chicken, Egg Noodles & Veggies


Faith Matters...

Yesterday was the First Sunday of Lent. The Catholic Church has many feast days and it was also the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter! In my house, it just means we read about it. We honor and celebrate Peter.

One of yesterday's readings was about God's promise to never destroy the earth with water, ever again. It occurred to me as I was listening that God never said he wouldn't destroy the earth or people, just not with water. Sigh.

The Gospel Reading (Mark 1:12-15) was about the Temptation of Christ. The last verse calling us to "Repent and believe in the Gospel." It opened up great dialogue over brunch about how we can never hope to live up to Christ's standards, but that we can and must resist temptation. We must trust God and live the way He wants us to.

We talked about being the best Christian we can be; striving to be honest about what we need to work on; and asking for forgiveness. Repenting is sometimes a hard topic for children. However, repenting and embracing our penance(s) is what helps us stay on track to get into Heaven. I hope I am saying this right. I'm not a theologian.

Praying For…

  • Our Nation & World

  • Mental & Physical Welfare of friends & family.

  • Our Pope and Clergy.

  • For more joy in the little things…

  • The softening of people’s hearts!


Captured…

This is what my dining table looks like. Sigh. I have two weeks to get them done. Dontcha want to come help me paint?

[caption id="attachment_5371" align="aligncenter" width="500"]peg doll painting 1 Sigh, painting peg dolls is not easy. LOL[/caption]

I hope and pray your week goes well. Stay safe wherever you are. We are supposed to have more winter weather this week. SO keep us in your prayers.

Love, Hugs & many blessings,

Em

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em