Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Try A New Recipe Tuesday...

God lavished love on those who didn’t deserve it. When we reflect on God’s choice of Jacob the cheater or David the adulterer, or on Jesus’ forgiveness of those who crucified Him, we begin to see that if God’s love extended to the likes of them, it surely extends to us.  ~ from St. Anthony Messenger


Happy Tuesday All!

Today is a cold day and our first day back from Christmas Break. It's also the Feast of the Epiphany in our beautiful Catholic Faith. I wish you a blessed day!

So naturally, this is our MONDAY! Our son had a nightmare of some sort and woke me up around 4am. I was already restless... and I'm kinda zombie-ish today. It really fits how I look, considering I had a precancerous spot frozen (burnt) off my forehead yesterday... it's red and bulbous. You're welcome for that visual. HA

Anyway - I am linking up with Try a New Recipe Tuesday.

kitchenrecipecardtemplate

I tried a new recipe this past Sunday as part of our Pantry Challenge. It's Leek & Potato Soup from the Good Cheap Eats Cookbook.

Soup is an easy thing to add to your meal plans - especially good for a large family and good for your budget (no matter what size family).

Plus, you know me, the pantry challenge is about using what you have... and I did not have veggie broth, so I used chicken broth.... and for my dear husband, I added ham. I will say the heavy cream or half & half makes it a little rich. But it was good.  We added cheese on top, while in the bowls. It was a perfect Winter's Sunday dinner.

[caption id="attachment_5200" align="alignnone" width="500"]IMG_2957 After emulsifying... simmering Leek & Potato soup.[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_5201" align="alignnone" width="500"]IMG_2958 YUMMY Leek & Potato Soup in a bowl.... with cheese on top![/caption]

I hope you will check out Recipe Page on Good Cheap Eats. So many fantastic and budget/friendly recipes and great advice. And no, she doesn't PAY me to say these things. I love many recipe sites. She's in my top five... maybe top two...

[caption id="attachment_5202" align="alignnone" width="410"]IMG_2961 This is from Good Cheap Eats new cookbook of the same name.[/caption]

i am not sure of the legality of posting this recipe. So if I have to take it down, I will add links to similar ones. This is a pretty new cookbook.

Love, Hugs & Blessings,

Em

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Looks divine!! I will pin and try soon!

    Thx so much for sharing and I do hope you get a bit of energy as the day progresses! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing soups and stews! I find them easy to do, plus I use an 8 qt. stockpot, fill it to the top, and it lasts us for nearly a week! We had beef stew the week of Christmas, then I did tortilla soup for New Year's, and we just finished that up. I LOVE potato soup, so this is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Cam... especially in the Winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em