Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Try A New Recipe Tuesday - Soup Tuesday

We are so consumed with the things of the created world that we forget that there even is a creator! This is the essence of idolatry. We gladly follow anything other than a God who makes demands on us and tell us what to do with our money, our bodies, our time… our lives.  ~ from Zealous


Happy Tuesday!

I hope you are all doing well. Yesterday I had a spinal injection and besides feeling like someone hit me in the back, it's great. HA lol I hope the next few go better.

There is NO rest for the weary. As you know, I am participating in the Pantry Challenge. So, today, I made a loaf of bread. As usual, we let it cool, cut one small slice and all tasted a bit. <3

Today we finally had to go buy dairy.  And by we, I mean Marque... on the way home from work. I love that man. So, here is my list:


  • Regular Grocery:

    • Corn tortillas (I’m making chicken tortilla soup)  - small pack.

    • tomato paste (2 small cans)

    • Can of Canola Spray (pan)

    • Small chili powder (the small round ones)



  • Dairy:

    • 10 yogurts

    • 1 pack cheese sticks

    • 1 pack cheese slices

    • 1 milk

    • 1 creamer

    • butter tub

    • 2 cartons of eggs



  • Produce:

    • cilantro

    • lettuce

    • bananas




It was less than $50. And if you go back to my post from Sunday, you will see that I have changed our menu. Yesterday because of my procedure, Marque made chicken strips. They were yummy! Today, I made Chicken Tortilla Soup, a la Pioneer Woman. SO GOOD!



[caption id="attachment_5228" align="aligncenter" width="472"]tortilla soup3 We love our soup cups (cappuccino originally).[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_5230" align="aligncenter" width="350"]tortilla soup Marque likes his with extra jalapeƱo.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_5229" align="aligncenter" width="339"]tortilla soup2 Extra soup for a couple friends.[/caption]

This is the first time I've ever made it. It's so good. That is why I am linking up with Try a New Recipe Tuesday @ Home to 4 Kiddos.

kitchenrecipecardtemplate

Oh, and I have a funny story. As you can see, on my list, I said I needed Corn Tortillas. Somehow to my love, it translated to "tortilla chips". HA! In the end, they were fine. But it was funny.

Next week, I will be ordering some Masa Harina and will soon be making my own corn tortillas. <3

Thanks for stopping by!

Love, Hugs & Blessings,

Em

4 comments:

  1. Oooooooh, looks so yummy!!!
    Thx for sharing! IDK that I will try it bc I'm not much of a soup-maker...but I love clicking over to see what you've concocted!

    Great job...xoxoxo

    Your hubby's a gem, too :)
    xo
    "see"you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks delicious! Especially with cilantro on top. I've never thought of giving people soup in mason jars before. I like to send servings of meals over to our elderly neighbor, especially soups and things I do in the crockpot. Is it actually canned (as in it will keep on the shelf?), or just in the jars as an easily portable container?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put it in the jars for transport. But I think it would be a good soup to can or freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have clamped down our budget... So soup is on our menu once/week.
    We are enjoying it more than I thought we would.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em