Thursday, January 15, 2015

Small Success Thursday - Odds are..

JANUARY 15, 2015
"We have received baptism, entrance into the Church, and the honor of being called Christians. Yet what good will this do us if we are Christians in name only and not in fact?"  ~ St. Andrew Kim Taegon


Happy Schmappy Thursday.

What do you do when bad news looms.. you know, while you are waiting for the sunshine to pop out from under the raincloud?

Me - I clean. Cook. Bake. And this week, I am so happy to be taking part in the Pantry Challenge. It's saving my sanity.

[caption id="attachment_5239" align="aligncenter" width="465"]pumpkinchocbread Dark Chocolate and Pumpkin Swirl Cake[/caption]

Dark Chocolate and Pumpkin Swirl Cake


The Odds are... my husband will be fine. But I am scared. I can't give details this publicly for now.... but they are scanning his brain. HA! I will keep you posted.


Please pray!


Small-Success-Thursday-250px


My small successes...


1) We are doing very well on the Pantry Challenge. Have not even spent $75 on dairy/produce. We are trying new things. We are really enjoying being in the kitchen together. GO US!


2) My husband and I went on a date this past Saturday. We rarely do that. IT was awesome.  This is a huge success because we rarely leave Christopher with anyone. We are blessed with good people in our lives.


3) We played Sorry and I won. Ok - I know what you are thinking... SO WHAT! HA.. I never win. So it's a success I tell you.


4) I grounded my son from the Xbox and meant it. Ok - again, not impressive in your world, but he's GOOD ya'll.... at manipulating his mama. I love him... but still.


I am sure there are way more small successes.  Like, this week I didn't cut myself with a sharp kitchen utensil, but I have to go clean my kitchen before I go to bed...


Oh - and another success, getting this post done. You're welcome!


Hugs & Blessings,


Em


 

10 comments:

  1. That cake looks delicious. I should try to figure out how to convert it to gluten free, but it hurts my brain right now.

    Wow. Whatever's going on with your husband, be assured I will be praying. I would be scared to see what's up in my noggin'. Soooo glad you got a date in. We really cherish those around here. They aren't often enough! God bless your week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome small successes, Em. Your style is great. I could read about you taking out the garbage and enjoy it.
    Sorry, a date, pantry clean out, wow you were productive and had fun!

    The choc cakes looks SO yummy...pumpkin and choc together `` such a fantastic combo. No one in my fam ( except me) likes it! I have this recipe for a choc pumpkin bread that I love to make at Thxgiv time...my neighbor gave it to me years ago. Oh man, it's out of this world. But I'm the only one who likes it! If we were closer, we could enjoy it together over tea and a chat.

    So great how you link to BH and G here in your files.....what a great idea.

    Continuing to pray for your hubby and all of you.. Rosary now, actually and he is one of our intentions.

    xoxoxo
    "see" you online soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so generous.
    Thank you thank you for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gluten Free flour. Like Namaste brand or something.
    I will message you on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I have had fun experimenting with different gf flours, I have just really gotten lazy with that. I usually add some xanthan gum as well. My pregnant self is really quite lazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopped reading to say a prayer for Marque. Will keep all of you in my prayers.

    That cake looks amazing, might have to give it a try. Hope you weekend is relaxing!

    {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. When are you due? I am so jealous. In a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. June 27th! 17 weeks tomorrow, not that I'm counting....I always go late, so I predict July 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying...please keep me updated. xo

    ps my favorite small success is that you didn't get cut with a kitchen utensil. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL
    I did cut my hand on a piece of paper, but that doesn't count. LOL
    Hugs & Blessings,
    Em

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em