Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Are You Sheenazing...

"One should not say that it is impossible to reach a virtuous life; but one should say that it is not easy. Nor do those who have reached it find it easy to maintain."
– St. Anthony of the Desert


I think so.

I have a love-hate relationship with awards. You see, there are always people left out. And that makes me sad. Because we all pour our hearts out and talk about our lives... and in that soft part of my heart, I want everyone to win.

15 Nominee SA

I am honored, SO HONORED that three or more people took the time to nominate me for the Sheenazing Award. But the truth is, I'm no more deserving than any other blogger. Check out the LINKS to the nominees HERE.

Would I like your vote to win? Part of me wants it. But I have to be honest, I think    the winners should be on the below list. Except for the categories of blogs I've never read or been to, I think I've chosen well. We shall see.

Funniest Blog
This Ain't the Lyceum
Mama Knows, Honeychild

Best Looking Blog

Catholic All Year
Like Mother, Like Daughter

Most Inspiring Blog

Passionate Perseverance
Our Home Under Mary's Mantle
Mama Needs Coffee
Amongst Lovely Things

Best Lifestyle Blog

A Slice of Smith Life
Catholic All Year

Best Under-Appreciated Blog

Equipping Catholic Families
Campfires and Cleats

Smartest Blog

Designs by Birgit

Coolest Blogger
Kelly from This Ain't the Lyceum
Kendra from Catholic All Year

Miss Congeniality

Tracy from A Slice of Smith Life
Chris at Campfires and Cleats

Best Podcast

The Jennifer Fulwiler Show
Taylor Marshall

Best Vlogger

Jenna at Call Her Happy
Ana from Time Flies When You're Having Babies

Best Blog by a Man

Brandon Vogt
Joe Sales Says

Best Blog with Multiple Contributors*
Catholic Bloggers Network

Best Blog by a Non-Papist
I don't know any of these blogs. Sorry.

Additionally, I'd like to take an opportunity to introduce you to a couple of blogs. Some you may read. All you should read. And some who need to blog more often... cough cough :

Please also check out Bonnie's Blog A Knotted Life. She has a special relationship with the Venerable Fulton Sheen. READ THIS AMAZING STORY.

Let me state for the record that I am in no way a blogging or a Catholic expert. But I do have preferences and that is what my choices above are about. IF I didn't choose them, it's probably because I don't read them. You know?

Ya'll have a great rest of your Tuesday.

Love, Hugs & Blessings,

Em

6 comments:

  1. Aw, great style--love your closing about not having chosen blog prob means you don't read it....

    Will be back when I have some down time to check out those blogs you share....I have not heard of them...looking fwd to it and THANK YOU for the mention :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady. I just added another blog to my personal list.
    I know I don't always comment on your blog, but I almost always read it. One day, I will be way more organized and get to read and comment on everything. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the new blogs I can check out. And congrats to you! Super excited and proud of your hard work. :) God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! There are so many great blogs. It's nice to be recognized. And CRAP I need to put your new blog there too. Hold please. I hate when I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that is super flattering. I am still figuring out my direction. Thankful to be learning how to do something new. It's hard to be a stay-at-home mom for 16 years! My brain needs something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get that.
    I worked until Christopher was 17 months. I was 41... and when I started blogging in 2006/7 (My husband was in Iraq and my dad was in Egypt. It was easier for them to read a blog than email even.) it was my place of peace. And so - I continue.
    I have a craft blog and I have this blog. My focus has changed to more faith-based...
    Sigh. It's not always easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. I love hearing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me.
Em